September-04-2017 01:40 AM
Philippine Sector Superiors' Meeting
Aug. 24-25, 2017
On August 24 and 25, the community superiors of the East Asia Province's Philippine Sector gathered at the Marist Province Center in Lagao, Gen. Santos City to share, discuss, and respond to the following issues:
1. The Community Life Plan of each community and the concerns of superiors;
2. The report of the Brother Provincial on Council matters and information about the other sectors' activities;
3. The Vocation Director's report on his activities and expectations from each community to respond to the new way of vocations promotion, accompaniment and animation;
4. The report of the Sector Bursar on financial matters (budgets and expenditures);
5. Lake Sebu Spirituality Center updates; and,
6. On-going Formation of Superiors.
Elected chairman of the group is Br. Manuel de Leon (Kidapawan) while the secretary is Br. Cristino Sta. Ana (Marikina).
Highlighted were the following:
1. Annual "Solidarity Day" on October 7. We take this occasion of commemorating the Bicentenary of our foundation and the 10th anniversary of the establishment of East Asia Province so that all the Marists of Champagnat (Marist Brothers, Lay Marists and Mission Partners), working as one, can keep alive this spirit of the Founder, in helping the poor and the needy of today's society.
2. Our annual retreat for next year will be held in Lake Sebu Spirituality Center. This will consist of 2 groups: the first, held before the annual Brothers' Assembly, will be a silent or directed retreat; and the other, after the assembly will be the usual preached retreat.
3. July 26 (feast of Sts. Joachim and Anne) is now the "Day of our Affiliated Members and Parents of the Brothers". Annual gatherings will be held regionally (2 or 3 communities agreeing as a region to observe the celebration).
4. Brothers Robert Teoh (Provincial), Lindley Sionosa, and Domingo Lee will join the General Chapter as official delegates. Invited are Br. Nelson Beltran (representing the young Brothers) and Ms. Elma Rafil (representing the Lay). On their way to Colombia, they will pass by Kobe, Japan to celebrate Br. Ramon Bereicua's 60th year as a Marist Brother.
5. Br. Dionesio Acosta is making his perpetual profession on September 2 in Cotabato City. Br. Raymund Gallardo will also renew his annual vows.